National Vegetarian Week starts tomorrow (16th – 22nd May) so I thought I would share some of my favourites from restaurants in London this Spring. If you haven’t already tried these, add them to your list! You won’t regret it!
1) Wild garlic maftoul risotto at Le Bab. Le Bab in Kingly Court specialises in gourmet kebabs. The is a flavoursome Spring dish with a strong garlic kick. I’m not a big risotto fan so I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this seasonal dish.
2) Dhokla Salad at Talli Joe. Stemed gram flour cake, kolrabi and nuts. Talli Joe is a new opening on Shaftesbury’s Avenue. The menu consists of Indian half plates and full drinks. This salad was a party! A unique twist on the classic Indian dish.
3) Korean tofu sliders at JinJuu. Celebrity chef, Judy Joo, is behind Jinjuu and it’s a great modern Korean restaurant on Kingly Street. Golden fried crispy tofu, signature sauces, mayo and crispy lettuce tossed in a bun. So tasty! These were the highlight of my meal here. Great flavours and who doesn’t love anything fried!?
4) Sweet potato taquitos at Wahaca. This is an old fave but I had to include this tasty go-to dish from Wahaca. If you love sweet potato, or anything fried, you’ll love this! Topped with a fresh salad making it a great spring dish to try.
5) Truffle chips at The Forest in Selfridges. The vegetarian options are limited here but the truffle chips were delicious! It’s a great place to take a break from shopping and enjoy a Spring forest-like setting.