Tofu scramble can be served as part of breakfast (or lunch/dinner) as an alternative to scrambled eggs. Tofu (bean curd) is an excellent plant based source of protein and easy to cook with. This easy recipe is versatile – you can experiment with different veggies or include the tofu scramble in shakshuka. Tofu can taste bland on its own so seasoning is key to this dish!
- Mixed peppers
- Wash and chop all of the veggies. Drain the tofu (try to remove all liquid).
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add the cumin once warm.
- Add the peppers and allow them to cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. During this time, scramble the tofu. I use a potato masher to do this.
5. Add the tofu and spices to the peppers and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add the spinach last and cook until wilted.