I LOVE sweet potato, it’s my new fave vegetable this year and it’s a great ingredient for so many dishes. The colourful, hearty veg is packed with nutrients and tastes bomb! WIN WIN.
This recipe is a Mediterranean take on roasted sweet potato and is great for a quick lunch or dinner.
This will be make enough for 3-4 people.
- 4 Sweet potatoes (cut in halves)
- Hummus (home made or shop bought if you’re short of time)
- Yoghurt (soy yoghurt for a vegan alternative or you don’t have to include yoghurt for this recipe, its used to make the dressing a bit lighter)
- 1 tin Chickpeas (approx 240g drained)
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chilli powder/spices of your choice
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salad (I used spinach, avocado, plum tomatoes, red pepper and cucumber)
- Preheat the oven for around 10 minutes 180C.
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in halves.
- Coat them in a light layer of olive oil, sprinkle cumin and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes (until they’re golden and soft).
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, drain and wash them.
- Cook with sesame seeds, cumin and spices you enjoy the flavours of. I used chilli powder, a pinch of salt and turmeric.
- Mix the hummus, tahini, lemon juice and yoghurt together for the dressing.
Lastly add the chickpeas to the roasted sweet potato, drizzle the dressing and enjoy with salad!