This is a quick and simple vegan recipe, great for lunch or an appetiser.
- 2 Flat cupped mushrooms
- A selection of veggies you like (I used cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, courgette, cherry tomatoes)
- Spices you enjoy the flavours of. I used cumin, pink himalayan salt, black pepper, chilli powder and oregano
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of any oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp garlic butter (I made this by mixing together a vegan sunflower spread, salt, pepper, crushed garlic and parsley)
- Wash and prepare all of the ingredients. Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
- Make a small portion of quinoa (enough to fill half of the mushroom cup).
- Heat a teaspoon of oil, add cumin and cook the vegetables with your choice of spices and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Mix in some tomato sauce (optional).
- Spread the garlic butter on the inside of the mushrooms.
- Fill with a layer of quinoa.
- Add the veggies.
- You can top with a sprinkle of cheese (non vegan option).
- Bake the mushrooms in a pre-heated oven for around 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with salad.