Winter seems to be here forever in London and I need warm, hearty dishes to get me through it! Cauliflower is such an underestimated veggie and I’m always surprised when people rarely incorporate it into their meals.
Cauli mash is a delicious winter warmer side dish as well as a tasty carb free alternative to classic mashed potatoes if anyone is trying to reduce eating the spuds we all know and love.
1 large cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp salt
- Boil a large pan of water for the cauliflower.
- Wash and drain the cauliflower head. Let it dry for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller chunks and boil with a few cloves of garlic until soft. Drain and let it cool down for a few minutes before adding it to the food processor.
- In a food processor add the boiled cauli, garlic, olive oil, pepper, salt and any other spices you like the flavour of, such as chilli. Add dairy free spread (optional as a butter replacement).
- Puree until the mixture is a smooth texture you’re happy with.
- Garnish with herbs of your choice (e.g. thyme, coriander) or seeds.