Like the rest of the millennial world, I love avocado on toast (in real life and on instagram). It’s become a staple for restaurants that offer breakfast dishes on their menu and is usually served with eggs. There are so many ways this dish can be adapted and spiced up to keep things exciting and heres one of my favourite vegan ways to eat avo on toast.
1 tin sweetcorn
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chilli powder
A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Wash and drain the sweetcorn, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan and add cumin and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn and cook for 4-5 minutes until brown.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice, salt, black pepper and chilli powder to the corn.
- Mash the avocado with lime, salt, pepper and add a sprinkle of coriander.
- Cook the spinach in a separate pan until wilted (no oil needed).
- Cook a few cherry tomatoes until soft.
- Toast bread and layer the spinach first.
- Add the mashed avocado and sprinkle the corn and tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and feta (non – vegan option).