I’ve been missing quiche and savoury tarts recently so I thought I’d play around with plant based recipes this weekend. Here’s the recipe for plant based tartlets – great for dinner, canapés for a party and of course I’m always thinking about the lunch box!
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven. Sautee the chopped asparagus and broccoli with salt, pepper and oregano. Add mushrooms a few minutes after because they don’t take as long to cook.
2. Blend the tofu, soya milk, salt, pepper, soy sauce, turmeric and any other seasoning you like, such as oregano.
3. Mix this with the veggies once they’re cooked.
4. Line the tartlet trays with shortcrust pastry (I used the jus-rol one)
5. Add the mixture, top with cherry tomatoes and cook in the oven for 30mins.
*Sorry for the lack of quantities – I wing it most the time and judge as I go along.