Happy National Burger Day to all the burger loving foodies out there! I love to get down and dirrrrty with a good greasy burger and the options are far from limited in London for vegetarians. There will always be one solid veggie option on a good burger menu (the even better ones will have a vegan option), quite likely to be mushroom based. Today I am sharing some great vegetarian burgers to try in London:
- The number 1 spot goes to Honest Burger. The fritter burger and rosemary salted chips here hit the spot every damn time. I love the cauliflower fitter and mint yoghurt combo and oh my daze the rosemary chips are just heaven. If you need a carby fix, this is your place.
- Patty & Bun. The Portobello mushroom burger by Patty & Bun is very messy like most burgers (sauce overload) but it is a strong contender in my fave burger spots. Its a tasty burger with a garlicy kick. I had this burger again recently at Pergola on the Roof in West London which is open until October.
- These bomb Korean tofu sliders at Jinjuu are cute and delicious. A great option if you want a mini burger. I ate both sliders with no regrets. I wouldn’t recommend sharing these – once you try them you’ll know why.
Check out my full review of Jinjuu here
- Nando’s. Don’t judge me on this one, I LOVE Nando’s, always have, always will. For a vegetarian this is one of the best pattys out there. It’s healthy and packed with nutrients too so win win.
This is my ‘keep it clean/still trying to get that summer body’ meal at Nando’s if you’re looking for a fairly healthy option:
-sweet potato wedges.
- The Drift. Halloumi burger. This is a decent burger from The Drift’s weekend brunch menu.
There will be lots of burger discounts available on this very important day so go on, have a cheat meal…it would be rude not to.